Thursday, April 30, 2009

Well Well Well

As of Monday, I have been laid off from my job. I'm not too sad about it, as I was expecting it, as well as the other web designer. So this week I have had a little more time to study Japanese as well as work on web stuff. Today I actually got info for our first site, so i get to start working on that, its a web site for a salon, I have never done one of those before, but it should be fun. Also today, it is confirmed my speedometer on my car is off by about 20 mph. I got another traffic violation from Arizona. About two weeks ago, I went to Arizona for the 20th Arizona Statewide Japanese contest, and on my way back to California, I was pulled over for going 95 in a 75, there is no way I would just go 20 over whilst knowing it. So that was a $280 ticket; then today, i got a thing in the mail that clocked me going 74 in a 55, I always keep an eye on the speedometer, so something isnt right, and both those violations were on the same day, there go another $184 for that. This couldn't happen at a better time, I have no steady job, trying to save money for JET, and bam im out $462 like that. That could have been a new digital camera and mp3 player, or a decent laptop to do work on the go with my partner. Those are things I also wanted to get before JET, but oh well, i still have some money left over, so I'm glad I was at least able to pay the fines, and hopefully I wont have any other expensive surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment